I was still sleeping at 8am when my husband walked into the room and said, "I'm going to the store for milk. Do you want anything?"
And I did. I sure as hell did. I must have been nose deep in some culinary dreams, because I sprang out of bed with visions of paleo pancakes swimming through my head. I had almost everything, you see, but a few things would make it perfect.
You know, the good things. Like dark chocolate and maple syrup.
And so off I went, makeup-less and crazy haired, glasses smooshed to my face, because I was AWAKE now that pancakes were in the mix.
They did not disappoint.
Coconut Paleo Protein Pancakes
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Coconut Milk
2 egg whites
1 tbsp flax seed
1/2 scoop protein powder (appx 1.5 tbsp)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until well combined.
- Grease a cooking pan with coconut oil.
- Pour in a bit at a time and cook uncovered over medium-high heat. *If you are adding blueberries or fruit, add it now, after you've poured the batter*
- Once you see bubbles appear, carefully flip with a small spatula. The top will be a bit liquidy still as you flip, so do it decisively! It's alright if a bit of it spills- just use the spatula to move your pancake around and pick it up!
- If you are adding chocolate or something else that is melty, add it on top now!
- After another two minutes, check the bottom of the pancake. When it reaches your desired darkness, serve.
- TOP THAT SCHTUFF WITH MAPLE SYRUP, OBVIOUSLY.