SPOILER ALERT: This post contains a delicious recipe for making seared tuna for under 250 calories!
DE. LISH. UZZ.
We recently held a feast for our group here in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Among other things, we had corn on the cob, chicken, salad broccoli, parmesan Risotto, and seared tuna. With that volume of available grub, it was more of a pick-and-choose, buffet kind of meal than a meal during which everyone eats every available dish. My favorite was a seared tuna salad we made with ginger dressing and dijon mustard.
What you need (makes enough for a group of 6-8):
- 1 bag of spinach (either baby spinach or regular spinach that has been pulled apart or cut up)
- Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Feta Cheese
- Sesame seeds
- Dijon Mustard
What you need to do:
- On the grill, sear a filet of Tuna. The idea is to sear the outsides without cooking it all the way through. Not sure how to sear a tuna steak? Watch the video below to learn from a real life chef.
- Put Spinach, cut tomatoes, sesame seeds, and feta cheese together in a bowl.
- On each plate, add some salad and salad dressing.
- Add thin slices of the Tuna filet.
- Drizzle dijon mustard over the tuna pieces.