Starbucks has been featuring <200 calorie "Cake Pops." Having already done the "Cake Balls" thing, I figured I'd whip up some of my own! By cutting out oil, eggs, and butter, these babies are under 150 calories a 'pop!'
Are you loving this? Check out some similar recipes. While the Carrot Cake Pops are in popsicle (or lollipop) form, feel free to use the recipes for any of the following truffles or cake balls. All of these would work quite well: Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles, Thin Mint Truffles, Oreo Truffles, Low Cal Cake Balls.
For those of you who are on a more serious diet... don't cry! You don't have to feel left out of the truffle madness! Try these Cake Batter Truffles for only 100 calories... or these Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies (kid tested!) for a fiber-filled treat!
- 1 box of Carrot Cake mix
- 2/3 box of low fat cream cheese
- 1 can of La Croix
- 1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Candy Melts
- Popsicle/Sucker sticks
What You Do:
1. Mix cake mix and 1 can of La Croix
2. Pour into cake pan and fold in white chocolate chips
3. Cook for 35 minutes (or according to package directions), then take out and let the cake cool (if you're impatient like me, you can put it in the freezer for an hour or two).
4. Once the cake is fully cooled, mash it up (this is fun). Add 2/3 of a package of low-fat cream cheese and combine until fully mixed.
5. Roll into small balls (appx 1-1.5 inch in diameter).
6. Add sticks and place aside.
7. Melt candy coating. Start with 1 minute in the microwave, then stir. Heat in 15 second intervals and stir in between. Don't over heat... but if you do, and the candy gets chunky, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable or canola oil and stir.
8. Using the stick as a handle, dip cake balls into the candy coating. Use a spoon to make sure you're getting the candy coating all the way to the popsicle (once the coating hardens, this will hold the cake ball onto the popsicle stick).
9. Set aside to cool!
P.S. I ran out of white melts so I made a few that were covered in Peanut Butter melts -- that's why there are a few brown ones.
Have a good one :)
Have a good one :)