What you need:
- Strawberries (8-10)
- Semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- White chocolate or white frosting
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Pop sticks
What you do:
- Wash the strawberries. [Seriously, if you're going to wash any fruit before eating it, wash the strawberries. They're covered in pesticides.]
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries, then cut each strawberry in half.
- Poke the sticks through the strawberry halves, starting at the bottom of the strawberry.
- Melt the chocolate, uncovered, for 1 minute in the microwave. Take out and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Put the chocolate/vegetable oil back in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir again.
- Using the stick, put each strawberry in the bowl. Use a spoon to scoop up chocolate and drop it onto the chocolate to make sure each strawberry is covered. If the chocolate isn't sticking, make sure to dry off each strawberry before covering it.
- Lay the chocolate covered strawberries on parchment paper and put them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and drizzle white frosting or white chocolate on top.
(See, some of mine are pretty durn ugly...)