When I'm shopping, I love seeing 2-for-1 signs. Why? Because I love getting double the goodies in the same package.
Why shouldn't that apply to cupcakes?
Yes, that would be me filling a vanilla cupcake with chocolate mousse. Yes, I'm about to tell you how to do it!
What You Need:
- Sugar free vanilla cake mix
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup skim milk
- Chocolate mousse mix
What You Do:
1. Bake the cupcakes: Mash up bananas and combine with 1/2 cup of water and mix. After a few minutes, add cake mix. Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Then let the cupcakes cool entirely.
2. Meanwhile, make Chocolate mousse. Combine 1 cup of skim milk with chocolate mousse mix and beat on high for 5 minutes. Place in refrigerator while cupcakes cool.
3. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small knife to cut out cone-shaped pieces.
4. Using a pastry bag, fill the cupcake holes with chocolate mousse.
5. Rip off the bottom (tip) of the cone-shaped insert (since you filled the cupcake with mousse, the entire piece wouldn't fit back in), then put the cupcake tops back on.
6. Pipe mousse on top of the cupcakes as frosting.
7. Optional: Top with homemade chocolate candies.