Ratatouille. Like the movie. Get it?
Last week, I started a new job. Chicago public transportation is such that I've got to leave my house by 6:45am and don't get home till pretty darn late.
The result? I've decided to make huge amounts of food on the weekend and freeze it for my lunches. Muahahaha. With this plan, I shall take over the world. Or maybe not. Hey, a girl can dream.
Anyways, Ratatouille seemed like a decent choice. Not only is the name fun to say (doesn't it make you want to dance?!), but the flavors are fabulous and it's pretty darn healthy (being pretty much just vegetables).
What You Need:
- 2 onions, quartered and sliced
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 2 zucchinis, cubed
- 2 peppers (red/yellow/green, personal choice), chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Basil, 1 tablespoon Thyme, 1 teaspoon Oregano, 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
What You Do:
1. Put olive oil and garlic in a large, deep pot. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Chop and add eggplant and peppers. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
3. Add tomatoes, zucchini, and remaining spices (Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Parsley). Mix well. Cover and cook for additional 15 minutes.