Like it? Pin It
Wanna know what part of the cupcake is generally considered the "favorite" part of a cupcake? I mean, when it's just your regular cupcake... when it's not fabulously filled with Reese's Cups or Chocolate Mousse... Normally, the favorite part of a cupcake anatomy is the 'cupcake top' (I just couldn't bring myself to say muffin top. Oh, crap. Just did).
Why do you all love it so much? Is it because of the ratio of cakey goodness to creamy frosting goodness? Duh.
Whoopie Pies (another phrase I dislike. What's with all the gross sounding words in this post?!) are pretty much just two thin 'cupcake tops' with the frosting in the middle. Um. Hello? Yum.
Yield: ~30 Whoopie Pies
- 1 box Devil's Foodcake Mix
- 1 can La Croix
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine cake mix and La Croix in a bowl and mix well.
- Place on lightly oiled (I used Pam) parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 15-18 minutes (watch them! These babies cook a bit faster than cupcakes because they're itty bitty).
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and butter. Beat on medium to high until frosting is well mixed. If you'd like it to be thicker, add that powdered sugar :)
- Sandwich 2 spoons full of icing between each set of cake 'slices.'
- Garnish with sprinkles, if they're available (I had none. Sad).
But seriously... WHY are these called Whoopie Pies? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.