I love cheese. Like truly. Madly. Deeply.
BUT -- oh, there are many buts -- holiday cheese dips are usually slimy messes. And they're often baked in a 360 degree layer of batter or dough.
NOT ANYMORE. This brie is combined with seedless, all natural, high fiber raspberry jam and real raspberries, as well as walnuts that are sweetened in a Kahlua and light brown sugar sauce without dumping the entire pot of sauce into the dish.
Oh, not to mention that it got devoured in about 15 minutes at my house. Might want to double the recipe... ;-)
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20-30 min
Total time: 25-35 min
- 1/2 wheel Brie Cheese (any size)
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry Jam (Polaner seedless with fiber)
- 5 Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 sheet Pastry Dough
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut brie in half as though you're making a sandwich.
- Cut pastry dough so that it is the same size as the brie slices.
- Place bottom layer of brie in a casserole dish that is slightly larger than the cheese. Next, add pastry dough layer.
- In a small bowl, combine raspberry jam and raspberries. Mash with a spoon so that raspberries are muddled. Spread half of the mixture on top of the pastry dough.
- Place next layer of brie.
- Add remaining raspberry mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, checking occasionally, until cheese is melted and browning begins.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine Kahlua and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Once the mixture has reached a syrupy consistency, add walnuts and stir for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add walnuts to brie dish. Add only about a tablespoon of the Kahlua and Brown Sugar sauce.
- Serve with crackers (wheat thins rock).