Teacher: Happy Valentine's Day, boys and girls! Time to get your fancy on.
Students: But what does that mean, Miss. Taylor?
Teacher: Why, class, it simply means that Valentine's Day is a day to treat your loved ones with extra special love.
Student: So that's what my dad means when he tells my mom they're going to get fancy?!
Teacher: Err -- yes, Johnny. It means he is going to be extra nice and give her extra love.
But really. Happy Valentines Day. What are you doing to get fancy for your boy or girl (or, gosh darn it, for yourself?!)? If you're flat out of ideas or just have extra love to give, here's a quick and easy recipe for a dessert that looks and tastes like love!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and oats in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and sparkling water and mix with hands until crumbly.
- Press crumbly mixture into the bottom of a lined cupcake tin. Only use about 2/3 of the mixture, as the rest will be used to cover the jam.
- Combine raspberry jam and 1 tbsp water and stir until well mixed. Spread amongst the cupcake tins and cover the crumbly mixture underneath.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbly mixture over raspberry jam and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve to your special someone :)