These muffins are crazy good for you. Like fiber-filled, cancer-fighting, protein-packed kind of good. It's also yet another no-milk, no-egg, no-oil recipe. It is becoming a staple in my recipes, I dare say...
These muffins ALSO have raspberries and blueberries. As in double the berry. Double the pleasure. Double the fun. That's the statement of the great-ness? of protein muff-funs. <--How was that? Did you enjoy it?
For the record, I popped in a bit of Lingonberry jam to make some of these three-berry and they were delicious. Why actually, yes, "Yum" is my middle name! If you're digging the lingonberry idea, add a tablespoon. And you really should consider it, given how fun it is to say the word "Lingonberry."
Ingredients (Makes 12):
- 1 Box Jiffy Blueberry Muffins Mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax meal (one tablespoon will be combined with the water, the other tablespoon will be added to the batter separately)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 10 raspberries, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon flax meal. Stir until it becomes gelatinous (it is essentially working as an egg substitute and will be a binding agent).
- Pour flax meal and water mixture into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. The batter will still be slightly lumpy because of the berries.
- Pour into greased or paper lined muffin tins. Pour 2/3 full, as the batter does not rise as much as it typically would due to the protein powder.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.