But what if you find yourself at home? Perhaps you're a grown up and have decided not to kill your liver with a bar crawl. Perhaps you're avoiding the thousands of calories a bar crawl entails (commendable choice, my friends). Or perhaps you just got home from a bar crawl because your drunk friend couldn't pull herself together (hey, it happens)...
Either way, you might find yourself at home, perhaps unexpectedly, with neither green beer nor proper Irish Car Bomb fixings. What's an Irish girl to do?
Here's a news flash: technically, an Irish Car Bomb requires Guinness, Jameson, and Bailey's... but you can be a stingy (or lazy) host, if necessary, and make an Irish car bomb's cheaper sister... A St. Patty's Bomb :)
What You Need:
- 1 Glass Guinness
- 1/2 shot Starbucks Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua will also work, or make your own)
- 1/2 shot Whiskey (or Scotch, if you insist on degrading the Irish by way of the Scots!)
- Pour Guinness into a pint glass
- In a shot glass, combine liqueur and whiskey.
- Right before drinking, drop shot glass into the pint glass.
- CHUG! Okay, I guess you don't HAVE to chug... but you do need to consume this beverage rather quickly, as coffee liqueur may curdle.
|P.S. The creepy looking guy on the right is my dad, dressed up. And yes, this photo is from Halloween. See the Pumpkin?|