I'm not sure if you noticed, but the weather, particularly here in the North, is a little bit confused. We just had a few weeks of Summer, followed by a weekend of Spring, and now we're back to what seems like a hybrid of Summer and Spring. Either way, it's safe to say we may be getting a few Summer days a bit earlier than Summer typically decides to bare its beautiful face, am I right? (Yes, yes I am)
You know what? We ought to make the most of it. Even if does decide to come and go...
In honor of Summer's lovely on-and-off love affair around the Chicago area (and probably everywhere else) this Spring, here's a light-yet-delicious fruit and white chocolate dessert. It's extremely simple and easy to make and, let's be honest, finding a bit of white chocolate inside your typical raspberry is certainly nothing to frown at.
So, what is it? Appetizer... or dessert?
|*Nutritional Values based on the recipe serving 4 people|
Ingredients (Makes an appetizer or dessert for 4):
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz Raspberries
- 1 ziplock bag or pastry bag
- Wash raspberries and dry well.
- Melt white chocolate in a bowl for 90 seconds in the microwave. Remove from microwave, stir, and heat for 15 additional seconds. Add 1 tsp canola or vegetable oil if chunks remain. Stir well.
- Pour melted chocolate into a pastry bag or ziplock bag. Use scissors to snip off a small corner. The hole should be large enough to let the chocolate out but small enough to fit into the raspberry center and let you keep control of the flow.
- Carefully, place the corner into each raspberry and give it a little squeeze!