One of my coworkers is on a low carb diet. I feel like we should erect a monument and dedicate it to her ridiculous willpower. Seriously. It's not that I'm incapable of willpower -- God knows it's not always easy to turn down a 500 calorie Cheeseburger when somebody is grilling out -- but I could never cut out carbs.
I will, however, dedicate myself to spending them wisely. Carbs, that is. There's a big difference between a hamburger bun and a bowl full of Quinoa. Not to mention that a semi-carb like Quinoa isn't really a full carb -- because so many of its calories come from other sources, like protein and dietary fiber (which is soooooooo good for your you-know-whats).
Cranberry Cumin QuinoaServings: 4
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Calories Per Serving: 227
WW Points (Old): 4
WW PointsPlus: 6
*Nutritional information includes Chia Seeds. Without Chia seeds, each serving is 18 calories less.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons dried Cranberries
- 3 teaspoons Truvia
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Combine Quinoa and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add Cumin and stir, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Cranberries, Pine Nuts, and Truvia (and, if you're using Chia Seeds, add those), then serve!