Summer breeze. The sun is shining down on you as you sit, sipping on a delicious cocktail. It tastes light and refreshing, with blackberries and raspberries tinting the water purple and casually infusing the flavor. A touch of basil adds just enough complexity to convince you that you didn't make the drink yourself; it came from the bar. You're ready for number two. Where's the waiter?!
I'm not sure if you noticed Summer knocking on your door. She's pretty much here. Get excited! Summer means that drinks have to get tastier, more refreshing, and, obviously, prettier. Sometimes, in life, you get all three of the things you wanted. We call that a triple threat. Here you go... :)
Blackberry Basil Cocktail
Prep Time: <5 Min
- 3 raspberries
- 2 blackberries
- 1/4 lemon, juice
- 1/4 lime, juice
- 1 tsp Basil, finely diced
- 1 tsp truvia (or sugar or sugar substitute)
- 1.5 oz Vodka (I used Skinnygirl Tangerine Vodka, but any regular vodka or citrus flavored vodka will suffice)
- .5 - 1 oz water
- Muddle (squish) raspberries and blackberries in a small glass with lemon and lime juices, basil, and truvia/sugar.
- Add vodka and stir.
- Add a bit of water (about .5 to 1 oz, or around half of a shot glass) and stir.