A delicious bed of spinach and vegetables is topped with warm, cumin-flavored Quinoa and corn that pops in your mouth. So full of moisture and flavor that you won't need any dressing. It's just that good.
One of my favorite items on the menu at a local Chicago pub used to be a grain salad. A delicious bed of spinach and vegetables was topped off with warm grains. This salad is so full of nutrients that you might live forever (no promises, though...).
Quinoa Grain Salad with Corn and Blackberries
- 1 cup Tri-Color Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 3 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 2 teaspoons Red Curry Powder
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 apple
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup Corn (either from a can or removed from cob)
- 2 tablespoons Feta
- 16 blackberries
- Rinse Quinoa and bring to a boil with water in a medium sauce pan. Once boiling, add cumin and curry powders, mix, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop raw spinach, cilantro, apple, and cucumber. Toss in a bowl and separate salad onto plates.
- Add corn to cooked Quinoa, stir, and spoon the mixture onto salads.
- Sprinkle Feta cheese and blackberries on top and serve.