This drink is... happy. Summertime. Sunny. Fun. The tequila offsets the sweet, sugary goodness of the fruit, leaving you with a very balanced palate (and able to drink more than one!). Perfectly refreshing for an afternoon in the sun!
Chicago weather is fairly dismal today. What happened to SUMMER?! A rain dance might bring rain, but this Strawberry Ginger Margarita brings sunshine. Guaranteed to work 60% of the time, all the time ;-)
- 2 Strawberries (3 if you want one for garnishing)
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Truvia (or other Sugar/Sugar Substitute)
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- 1 sprig Cilantro, for garnish
- Grate ginger. Use a peeler to peel the outside and then a cheese grater to grate about 1 tsp of fresh ginger. (1 Min Video on How To Prepare/Use Fresh Ginger)
- Combine Strawberries, Ginger, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, and Truvia (or sugar substitute) in a glass. Muddle well (a.k.a. mash that stuff up until it looks more like pulp than strawberries)
- Add Tequila and mix well. Add ice cubes and stir.