The flavor of rich, delicate chocolate cheesecake. The texture of smooth frozen yogurt. The health benefits of protein powder. It's a triple threat. It will soothe your soul, delight your taste buds, and cool your body. What's not to love?
It's a hot one, folks! I'm one to make an extra stop at Chicago's frozen yogurt shops when the temperature climbs this high.
But, as with everything in life, there's an equation for frozen yogurt procurement. Here's mine. Getting frozen yogurt from one of the local shops requires:
- that the place be open -- which it often isn't, and that's just depressing...
- that it not be pouring rain -- because God knows I'm not walking 8 blocks in the rain to get anything...
- that I spend money -- which I hate to do...
- that I spend calories -- which I also hate to do...
Most of your typical frozen yogurt shops are slightly deceiving. They not only give you so many topping options that it's easy to add at least a hundred calories in toppings alone... but they also tend to add a lot of sugar to the flavors they have. Trust me, friends, there's a reason it tastes so darn sweet.
At the end of the day, maybe you're trying to avoid paying. Maybe you're trying to avoid calories. Maybe you don't want to walk in the rain. Or maybe you're just too lazy to leave the house. But you know what? I've got you covered. Here's some Chocolate-Cheesecake Protein Yogurt.
Let's start a new thing. Instead of Fro Yo, let's call it Pro Yo. Ya dig?
Chocolate-Cheesecake Protein YogurtServings: 2 per recipe
Calories: 115 per serving
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- Optional: Freshly sliced strawberries
- Combine yogurt and protein powder and mix well.
- Top with strawberries.