Have you ever tried to open an avocado - perhaps to top a delicious salad or make some garlic guacamole - only to spend five minutes peeling and slicing it and end up squishing it all over your hands?
Fret not, my friends. There is a way! Don't be fooled, there is a right way to open and cut an Avocado!
Step One: Use a sharp knife to cut the avocado in half length-wise.
- You'll end up with two symmetrical, tall halves.
- If you happen to make a mistake and cut it width-wise instead of length-wise, don't panic! You can still follow all of the steps below.
Step Two: Use a knife to cut intersecting lines in each side of the avocado "meat."
- You will end up with a pattern that looks like a grid, forming numerous squares in the avocado.
Step Three: Use a spoon to spoon out the avocado cubes.
- Using the spoon, get as close to the shell as you can, then scoop underneath the meat from one side to another and dump the cubes into a bowl.
Step Four: Eat!
- Now that you're an avocado pro, try the recipes below!
Question(s) of the day:
What's your favorite avocado recipe? Do you have a good one you want to share that's not yet in the post? Link it up by commenting below and I'll include it in a round up of avocado recipes this summer!
Happy avocado hunting!