It's easy, breezy, and the perfect way to say hello to Fall without diving all the way in. Just dip a toe into the season. It's appley and cinnamony and yummy, oh my!
I believe in dessert. I say that in a totally philosophical way and I mean it. I don't care how calorie-conscious you are, we are humans and we deserve a little bit of pure sweetness in our lives!
That said, I will admit to being one who often skips desserts at restaurants. Why? Because I have no idea what they put in there! How much butter? How much sugar? Is the crust purely graham crackers, butter, and fat? Sometimes, it just ain't worth it, my friends. Not for a whole piece, at least.
But, just as I believe in dessert, I believe we all deserve a whole piece. And we deserve to eat it without feeling guilty.
Did I mention it's breakfast and dessert!?
Healthy Apple Pie In A Cup
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 Apples
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Oats (Bob's Rolled Oats)
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Truvia/Stevia/Sugar/Splenda*
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop Apples into small pieces, about half an inch thick. Place in a medium sized bowl and add White Wine Vinegar, Cinnamon, and Truvia (or sugar sub.), then toss.
- Add oats and water, then mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and transfer to mugs. Top with Whipped Cream.
*Nutritional values are accurate for Truvia, Stevia, and Splenda.