Let's start today's post with a game. Humor me for a minute as you read a few sentences and try to determine what they've all got in common...
-On a hot summer day, you sit on the edge of the water and let cool water flow over your legs.
-A dream vacation involves dancing and swimming under a waterfall, or hiding behind the water's spray with your significant other.
-You're sitting in a lounge chair, sipping a Corona with lime.
-You return from a long run and down a bottle of Smart Water.
Did you guess it yet? They're all refreshing!
There's something magical about the light, happy, refreshing feeling you get from all of those things. Whether it's something as large scale as a dream vacation, or something as simple as downing a bottle of water, it seems to breathe new life into us. There's nothing wrong with a little rejuvenation, my friends.
Enter the delicious and refreshing taste that we all want at the end of a tough day, or the beginning of an eventful evening.
Effen Cucumber Mint MartiniIngredients:
- Ice Cubes
- 3 Mint leaves
- 1 slice of Cucumber (1/4 inch thick), cut in half
- 1 lime wedge
- 1.5 oz Effen Cucumber Vodka
- 6-8 oz Seltzer Water (Sparkling Water, Club Soda, or Diet Tonic will also work)
- Add ice cubes to cup
- Add mint leaves and cucumber wedge. Squeeze lime juice from lime wedge and add.
- Add Effen Cucumber Vodka and Seltzer Water
- You may notice this is a martini recipe, yet it's not in a martini glass. What's up with that? Unfortunately, I'm far too clumsy to deserve to drink from a real martini glass (seriously, I even have to use stemless wine glasses, I'm just a huge spaz and I get all excited and knock stuff over). That said, feel free to act like a real grown up and use a real martini glass. :)