I know, I know. They look... weird. But don't be put off by weird looking food. These are actually delicious and freaking good for you. Kind of hard to beat that combination, isn't it?
I started making these a few months ago, and they have become a comfort staple. Sometimes, I just want to eat a plate of pancakes. But I don't want to feel like I just gained ten pounds in doing so. Here's your solution :)
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 handfulls rinsed spinach
- pinch of salt
- (Optional): 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Heat a greased pan over medium-high heat. Pour pancake batter into the pan and watch until it starts to bubble (~2 min). Start trying to flip it over and do so gently, using two utensils if needed. Repeat process until batter is gone.
- Top pancakes with delicious toppings! I've tried maple syrup, sugar-free syrup, peanut butter, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, sunflower seeds... the list goes on and on!