Happy Friday! It's official; we made it to the weekend. Breathe a sigh of relief in 3...2...1...
Friday might actually be one of my favorite days of the week, even though Saturday involves the most free time. There's so much potential for Fridays.
Especially on a day like today, when I have no plans. After a long and busy week, I'm pretty thrilled to be able to relax, work out, clean my apartment, and... well, whatever the heck my spirit leads me to do.
|Thumbs up for Rock and Roll!|
Of all the flavors, one of my favorites to pair with whiskey is orange. Ever since trying a drink called the Barbed Wire Daisy at The Violet Hour, it's been my favorite combination. After experimenting with Orange Flavored NuNaturals in the 1920's Champagne Punch we served at our Speakeasy Party, I was dying to try it again.
This cocktail is very simple. Because, to be honest, I kind of think a drink with great whiskey in it should be simple.
Low Cal Orange Whiskey
- Ice, half-way filling a short cocktail glass (Or a tall one, I guess, if you're brave)
- 10 drops Orange NuNaturals Flavored Liquid Stevia*
- 2-4 ounces Whiskey (I used Maker's Mark)
- Optional: A straw (My fiance would probably consider it a sin to drink whiskey from a straw. I, on the other hand, have no qualms about it)
- Fill a short cocktail glass half-way with ice.
- Add Orange NuNaturals (or Orange/sugar combination - see below)
- Add Whiskey
- Stir or swirl! And drink!
- Don't have Orange NuNaturals Flavored Liquid Stevia? Never fear! You can combine 1/2 tsp Orange Extract with 1 tsp sugar or stevia powder... or combine with orange zest!