I used to focus so heavily on recipe posting that my recipe list would grow by 2 or 3 each week. Now? As I focus a bit more on real life, the recipes have been few and far between.
#Oops. I guess this blog is as versatile and changing as real life. #SorryImNotSorry
That said, sometimes I make something that is just so delicious, it pretty much comes out of the oven screaming "SHARE ME ON THE BLOG!" Like a mandrake root kind of scream (Harry Potter for the win). A girl has to oblige.
This recipe is an awesome breakfast, mid-day snack, or even dessert. Don't hesitate to swap out ingredients, like using a different greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, if you must). If you want it a bit sweeter, feel free to use vanilla instead of plain yogurt.
Bruleed Bananas and Dates in Chobani
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Sugar, for sprinkling
- 3 Dates
- 2 tbsp Organic Shredded Coconut, No sugar added
- 1 tbsp Sliced Almonds (Walnuts, Pistachios or Pralines would be delicious here, too)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Parchment paper
- Slice banana into 1/2-1/4 inch pieces. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle sugar on top of banana pieces. Broil for a few minutes, until the sugar has browned. Set aside.
- Chop dates.
- Scoop yogurt into a bowl or cup. Add banana slices, then sprinkle with dates, shredded coconut, and almonds.
- Enjoy the heck out of that bowl of delicious goodness.