The weekend has come and gone, and for once, I didn't have the mental stress of knowing I had to get up at 5:30am to squeeze in a workout before a full day at the office (yeah, remember that time I quit my job to pursue my dreams?). Instead, I got to wake up slowly and my day started with a social and blog marketing strategy call at 8:30am. Life is good.
Friday was my last day at the office, so my husband met me and a couple coworkers for a drink or two after work. We headed up to the burbs that night to see my family.
Saturday mainly consisted of...
- wake up, do 3 hours of consulting work from the kitchen island while eating breakfast and talking to the family
- head back downtown, do a workout in my living room, shower and get gussied up
- a holiday soiree at Sierra from Posh Meets Pavement's apartment, which included her hand crafted cocktails, wine, champagne, a moscow mule, and lots of cards against humanity
|Sierra made a rosemary and cranberry cocktail. It must have been awful, because I downed it. ;-)|
|Some of the spread, which we promptly demolished.|
|Sierra pouring... that's right... more champagne.|
|Cards against humanity, DIY style.|
|A group shot of most of the ladies.|
Sunday was also a pretty eventful day, in spite of the combination of drinks I consumed at Sierra's...
- Wake up, chug coffee and water, head to Bodypump (success!)
- Come home and get ready to meet my girlfriend for lunch
- Meet my girlfriend at the Doubletree Mag Mile for a VIP entrance to Sassy City Chicks' event.
- Drink a few carrot martinis, which are surprisingly good. I walk out with a new dress, fleece lined black leggings, and some badass sunglasses
- Come home and do a few more hours of consulting work while my husband and a buddy root my husband's new phone
- Realize we are both too lazy to make dinner, so we grab a 9:15 at Girl and the Goat
|Carrot Martinis at Sassy City Chicks' event.|
|Goats everywhere. Yes, even the napkins.|
|An Old Fashioned for the Mr. and a 4:15 to Georgia for me!|
- What do you do when you're too lazy to cook?
- How was your weekend?