I don't typically watch the Victoria's Secret fashion shows, but this year, I noticed that a lot of my friends did. After watching the show, a lot of people felt inspired to make good choices, because let's be real, watching a parade of super fit and beautiful women prancing down a runway can have that effect on you.
That said, it's important that that inspiration lead us to make healthy choices instead of just skipping a meal or depriving ourselves. I follow one of my favorite Victoria's Secret models, Izabel Goulart, on Instagram because she is upbeat and honest about her regimen, and tries to share healthy secrets and recipes with her followers. She also frequently posts videos of her workouts on Instagram (like this video of a TRX workout move), or uploads pictures of her morning juices. Also, she does hilarious stuff like jump into a pool with shoes on, so she's got that going for her.
|(Photo screen-shotted from Iza's Instagram)|
The juice ended up being very good. It is significantly milder than the red juice I have been making lately, which I think is partially due to the fact that adding so much coconut water dilutes the strong flavor of the beets and ginger. I think it depends on the person, here... I actually like beets, so I wouldn't mind it being a bit stronger, but I may be in the minority here.
So, if you're looking for a milder taste, either because that's your preference or because you're just getting into juicing, this recipe will be great for you. If you're a beet fan like me, this juicing recipe might even help you reign it in (if you have ever juiced too many beets, you might understand why this is necessary... it tends to dye you red on the inside if you have too much).
|Please excuse the ridiculous that is my hair.|
Here's the recipe!
Izabel Goulart's Red Detox Juice
- 1 carrot
- Half cucumber
- 1 beet
- A bunch of mint
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 2 leafs collard greens
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (don't put the entire lemon in there, just add the juice after)
- 1 cup coconut water
- Put the first 5 ingredients (not lemon juice and coconut water) in a juicer and go, baby, go! Add coconut water and lemon to the juice, stir, and serve.
- If you do not have a juicer, combine all ingredients in a high powered blender (don't forget to juice the lemon first instead of adding the whole thing) and blend well. The coconut water and lemon juice will add enough liquid for blending. Then, strain the finished product through a cheese cloth or very tight strainer to end up with just the juice. Or, if you'd prefer to drink it as a smoothie, feel free to drink as is.
- Don't put lemon rind in your juicer or blender! It will not end well for either party. ;-)
So, now you know how to make the juice, but you might be a little curious about her workouts since I have already blabbed about it. Want to check out some new workout moves? I have no idea what these moves are really called (she does not name them), so here are some super basic descriptions.
- Iza's TRX V Ups (Elevated plank and down dog)
- Iza's TRX Air Lunges (Lunges without tapping your foot, plus a knee up)
- Iza's Half Burpee Plank Push-Ups (Like doing a plank at your knees with a push up, except you send yourself into the air for a second. Kind of like clapping push ups)
- Go box!
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Do you follow any celebrity recipes or juicing plans?
Have you tried any celebrity workouts? What about Megan Fox's Butt workout?