I recently posted an update on what the heck I do all day as a blogger, writer, and freelance marketing consultant (try fitting that on a business card). At the end of my day, despite having just gone out with my husband to buy a case of beer, I decided to treat myself to a hand crafted cocktail.
I tend to make recipes up on the fly in life, but especially in cocktails. I never have the exact ingredients for a recipe I've found online, and I much prefer peeking in the fridge/pantry to see what I've got to work with. It's a creative challenge!
It must have looked good, because a few of you asked me for the recipe. Here it is:
Herbed Mint Grapefruit Cocktail
Prep Time: <5 Minutes
- 1/4 grapefruit, cut into pieces (size does not matter, as you will be muddling them)
- 3-4 mint leaves, ripped or cut in halves or quarters
- 1 tsp chopped basil (I actually used dried basil this time, but of course fresh is best!)
- 1 tsp stevia, sugar, sugar substitute (or 3 drops Nunaturals Liquid Stevia)
- 1.5 oz gin (or vodka)
- 3 oz soda water
- Muddle grapefruit, mint, and sweetener in the bottom of a glass.
- Add gin and soda water. Stir.
What about you?
What is your favorite cocktail recipe?
Do you ever create your own cocktail recipes?