You are reading my blog, so clearly you trust my ability to identify something that is seriously freaking good. Here you go:
You know how some restaurants have the most delicious home fries? I did not truly discover this magical madness until my husband and I started frequenting The Breakfast Club. They have created the most amazing home fries using large chopped potatoes and tons and tons of herbs. (P.S. Live in Chicago? Go there. It is understated and unassuming and DECORATED LIKE IT'S STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BREAKFAST CLUB MOVIE.
Anyway. Moving on in 3... 2... 1...
I recently was in a bind to make a side dish for four people, but only had half of the amount of potatoes I really needed. So, I chopped up some sweet potatoes as well, and made this two potato home fry hash. It was delicious, herby, and yumstown.
Herbed Two Potato Home Fry Hash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups yukon potatoes (or any regular potatoes)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Green onions or chives
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Cut ingredients into 1/2-1 inch thick pieces.
- Toss potatoes and chopped onion with olive oil and italian seasoning.
- Sautee for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add as many chopped green onions and/or chives as you'd like.
- Increase heat to high and let sit for a few minutes until the potatoes are browning, then stir and do the same thing again, until most sides are browning or beginning to burn.
- This is DELICIOUS with some eggs and meat mixed in. Try using leftovers with some chorizo or taco meat and a few scrambled eggs, topped with cheese for a delicious breakfast!
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- Any recipes people have told you are so amazing they are crack-like in their ability to keep you coming back for more? I've been told that about this chickpea cookie dough dip (and it also happens to be the recipe that brings me the most search results hits, so people must be spreading the word!).
- What's your go-to breakfast side?