First off, can I get an amen for spring? I feel like I have been holed up inside for months - oh wait, that's because I have. Now that spring has... well, sprung... I can't get enough of it. Running. Walking. Grilling. Check, check, check.
When it comes to grilling, we are going crazy with the filets over here. My husband is a grillmaster, so we are in pretty good hands with the meat. But then come the sides. We're doing paleo over here, so that means fruit or veggies. When it comes to veggies, I don't feel like standing at the stove while it's gorgeous outside, just because I'm trying to throw together some veggies to serve with said filet. Know what I'm sayin'?
So we just figured... hey... two birds, one grill. Maybe that was a bad analogy... Okay, on to the food!
Easy Grilled Carrots
- 1 bunch carrots, washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Start your grill!
- Cut some of the greens off of the carrots. I like to leave about half an inch, just because I think they look really cute and authentic on the plate with a smidge of green left, but you can feel free to chop it all off if you don't dig that idea.
- Place carrots on a large plate and lightly drizzle olive oil, then turn them around with your fingers until they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, turn around again, and sprinkle again.
- Grill on low heat for 20 minutes, turning two to three times in between. Remove when soft.
- Leave them on a little longer if you like them burnt! I do :)
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
What are your favorite spring time recipes?
What do you make most on the grill?