Sometimes, on the worst days, all it takes is a little flatbread pizza.
Wake up at 4am to help my husband finish packing and then drive him to the airport. Think I've thrown a travel pack of Pepto into his belongings, but I have no memory of where I've put it, so I double the effort and throw a second one in.
Make it home from the airport before the sun's up. Contemplate letting my dog take a piss because I know she's going to need to before I wake back up after the nap I'm about to take. Decide not to because I can barely keep my eyes open.
Nap. Nap. Wake up and text my husband. Nap.
Wake up at 8:45, walk the dog, pick up her warm gooey poop, hold my breath as I walk it to a trash can in the park.
Return home, ignore breakfast, ignore the kitchen.
Look at the laundry list of chores that need to be done on top of regular, actual work. Feel a little guilty about how desperately I want to mope on the couch.
Finally decide to make my breakfast at 10am. Mother freaking pizza.
Get giddy as the aromas of oregano and melted mozzarella fill my house.
Feel like a genius.
Deal with the kitchen.
Scrub bathroom floors.
Send important work emails.
Vacuum. Vacuum. Vacuum.
Run errands, come home and wash laundry and dry it and make the beds.
Finally sit down at a computer.
Easy-As-Pizza-Pie Flatbread White Pizza
- 1 Flatout Bread Wrap (I used 100 calorie whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 tbsp white onion, chopped
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 tbsp italian seasoning (any kind of mixed seasoning will do, or you can simply use oregano in its place)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flatout bread wrap on a baking sheet. Spread olive oil around with a spoon to smooth it out and distribute evenly.
- Add shredded mozzarella (freshly shredded truly is the best!), feta, and white onion. Distribute spinach evenly.
- Sprinkle italian seasoning like it's freaking fairy dust all over that thing.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges have begun to get brown and crispy.
- Cut. Serve. Devour.