It was your go-to snack as a kid. Whether you're the fancy pants who got mom to remove the crust and cut your sandwich into diamonds or the regular joe who ate whatever you got, crust and all, there is something nostalgic and comforting about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Your parents didn't just drown you in PB&Js because it was easy. They did it, at least in part, BECAUSE YOU LOVED PB&J.
Now's the time to bring back that lovin' feelin' for your PB&J - but this time, instead of sandwiching it between carbohydrates, combine it with some protein and drink up!
PB&J Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or any berry of choice - just as you had your favorite jelly back in the day, others work here, too!
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (feel free to substitute other nut butters if you have a peanut allergy)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or 3 tbsp Great Lakes Gelatin
- 1 cup water or coconut water
^Yeah. It's that easy.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- What's your favorite smoothie recipe?
- What's your secret ingredient?
- Do you like to add protein to your smoothies or just use them to get your vegetables?