I hear he never died, you know.
These are for my sister and inspired by my friend Diane.
Bacon-wrapped Figs stuffed with Cayenne Peanut Butter
Servings: 8-12 food items
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8-12 dried figs
- 4-6 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Remove fig stems and cut figs in half. Stuff with peanut butter mixture and then place back together.
- Cut bacon strips in half so that you have two strips of the same length but now half as long as they were before.
- Wrap reconstructed figs with bacon strips.
- Bake until bacon is golden brown, about 20 minutes. As it gets hot, the peanut butter mixture will liquefy a bit more and some of it may seep out.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.